Friday, May 8, 2015

Welcome to the blog!

Hello everyone!

I'm finally starting a separate language blog! Until now I've essentially been "blogging" in the forums over at fi3m. I prefer to share progress updates on specific language goals within a community setting, so I'll keep doing so over there. That said, my posts have gotten so long lately, I hope it will help to put some of my language ramblings on a different site!

I also noticed that I had some repeated questions asked to me at the recent Polyglot Gathering, especially about Arabic language. I hope I can use this space to answer them in more detail.

I would like to say from the start that I am no "expert." I've spent a number of years learning languages and I really hope I've learned something useful along the way, but I am still far from perfect, if that even exists; I may or may not learn in the most efficient way, and in fact, I have quite an addiction to learning languages up to B2 level then stopping. One day, I will finish my "wish-list" of new languages and start focusing only on improving the languages I've already studied, but I have a few years yet to go!

I am also a huge advocate for the idea that the "best" plan for learning a language will depend on people's specific goals an interests. What works for me may not work for you, or may not even be relevant to your language mission. I do hope that the ideas I share here will generate some good conversations, and that we can all support each other in achieving our goals.

I feel privileged to be a part of a greater community of people striving to learn languages. Thank you all for your contributions, and all the best for your language journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment